Let me guess:
- You are capable, caring, and giving.
- You have trouble saying no, and people keep taking advantage of your good nature and walk all over you.
- You are depleted and you want everyone to just leave you alone.
- You don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, so you stay quiet to keep the peace.
- You sometimes lash out because you have so much anger and resentment bottled up inside that you can't take it anymore, but then you feel guilty and retreat into silence again.
- You want to stand up for yourself and get out of this exhausting dynamic, but you feel stuck.
How do I know this? Because I've been there.
Over time, I had to accept a sobering truth:
Good intentions and conflict resolution expertise alone are not enough to create real and lasting harmony.
Why? Because conflict triggers a stress response in the body that essentially shuts down our brain. Under stress, all those fancy communication techniques become useless, because we either can't remember them or are in no shape to apply them - unless we are able to get ourselves together.
Fortunately, I learned how to do that, and you can, too.
I am here to guide you from feeling stressed, overwhelmed and resentful to
feeling calmer and more confident, even when things get tense.
Real talk: There may always be people who try to take advantage of you, who disregard your needs, who ask too much, and who scare you or irritate you. There may always be times when you dread speaking up, when setting boundaries feels uncomfortable, and when you'd rather avoid a challenging conversation.
But you can get better at handling these situations!
I want to help you develop the skills to
- manage your body's stress response and keep your emotions in check,
- have open conversations to find solutions that work for everyone, and
- build more balanced and meaningful relationships.
Together, we will explore
- how your brain and your body respond when you feel threatened,
- how you can maintain a sense of safety for yourself and the person in front of you,
- how to stop overthinking and use the mind-body connection to feel more at ease,
- how you can bring out your inner badass without turning into a fire-breathing dragon, and
- how to express yourself and be heard and understood.
Better communication, and more pleasant relationships, start with regulating your own emotional state:
Are you ready to feel more at peace
with yourself and others?
Click on the images below to find out more about how I can help.