Fortunately, I found a way out of victimhood. I earned the rank of Shodan (first degree black belt) in Kenpo Karate and RYT 500 certification as a Yoga teacher. Taking baby steps, I gradually added what was missing from my life: unapologetically being me, and claiming my space.
I am now able to
- speak up for myself in a way that is kind yet firm;
- set boundaries that respect everyone, including me;
- honor my own needs as much as those of others;
- create more meaningful connection by living true to myself; and
- get out of the way when someone is trying to bulldoze over me.